Date of release: 27 May, 2016
’Athina’s Shapes’ is a new candyBox® interactive book. It’s a fun way to learn the basic geometric & special shapes, making connections between circles and segments, rectangles and squares, etc.
Once upon a time there were four children; a pinkish Princess Athina, the ever-energetic, cute twins Ana-Diana & Zou-Zou Zoi, together with their ’big brother’ Mark. As the ‘candyBox crew’, they explore & learn our BIG WORLD from their small height; looking around, asking questions, making their candyBox books.
Princess Athina introduces her shape-friends. She knows them not only by their geometric names, they also have personalities; Cynthia Circle & Suzanna Square are cute girls, Tim Trapezium & Peter Pentagon are funny boys.
Athina made families for related shapes; circles, blocks, polygons & special shapes. She also put in a fun surprise – new candyBox game-pages to practise & play, match Susanna Square to the square and see what happens, or read a word and match it to the right shape. And even a more challenging game – sort the shapes by order!
There’s an educational background behind each shape: geometric, math, logic & spelling.
Like our other candyBox books, ‘Athina’s Shapes’ is multilingual! candyBox helps learn a mother tongue, or a second language. European, Asian and Cyrillic languages are supported. And there’s the candyBox crew; real-life voices of Athina, Ana, Zoi & Mark! Check-out our new language menu – now you can pick your language and use it with one tap!
Just for fun you can also choose the navigation sounds – marimba, organ, alien piano, etc.
candyBox – ‘making learning fun!’
– one page per shape format for circles, blocks, polygons & special shapes.
— animated hidden shapes for building associations & understanding structure
– summary pages for ‘girls’ & ‘boys’ shapes (just for fun!)
– new match & ordering game-pages!
– interactive book format with drag-to-turn pages
– intuitive design with our special candyBox colors
– displays shapes with names
– speaks & spells shapes
– 25+ iOS based languages & real-life ‘candyBox crew’ voices (English) for key content
– no advertising, no in-app purchases, no data collection
– no cut trees, no carbon foot prints